October is SIDS awareness month and HALO wants to let parents know about it and some safe to sleep tips for all parents. To make even more of a Huge impact they are donating $1 to SIDS prevention for every Facebook like they receive in the month of October!!
I had the chance to review on of the new designs in the micro- fleece SleepSack and love it!! The new patterns are so sweet and I love that it is warm while still being lightweight! It is so nice to know that DS4 is warm and safe at night!!!
HALO Innovation’s SleepSack® wearable blankets have become the standard for hospital nurseries and parents alike. In fact, 1,000 hospital nurseries use the HALO SleepSack Swaddle instead of blankets through the HALO Safer Way to Sleep Initiative. HALO Innovations also offers free Safe Sleep Practices kits to childbirth educators to help further the cause of SIDS prevention.
Here are some great and SUPER improtant Safe Sleep Practices::
- Place baby to sleep on his or her back at naptime and at night time.
- Use a crib that meets current safety standards with a firm mattress that fits snuggly and is covered with only a tight-fitting crib sheet.
- Remove all soft bedding and toys from your baby’s sleep area (this includes loose blankets, bumpers, pillows and positioners). The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests using a wearable blanket instead of loose blankets to keep your baby warm.
- Offer a pacifier when putting baby to sleep. If breastfeeding, introduce pacifier after one month or after breastfeeding has been established.
- Breastfeed, if possible, but when finished, put your baby back to sleep in his or her separate safe sleep area alongside your bed.
- Never put your baby to sleep on any soft surface
- Never dress your baby too warmly for sleep; keep room temperature 68-72 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Never allow anyone to smoke around your baby or take your baby into a room or car where someone has recently smoked.
Learn more about the HALO Safer way to Sleep Initiative Program and protect the baby in your life :)
Congratulation to Liz on winning a SleepSack!